Press Release by Nikon Canada
Nikon Canada has announced the new line of KeyMission action cameras that encourages users to discover, capture and share their personal missions from an entirely new perspective. Rooted in Nikon’s legendary excellence in imaging innovation, this new camera lineup offers users a hands-free way to push the limits and document their adventures through high-quality immersive video that puts the viewer in the middle of the action. Previewed at CES 2016, the rugged KeyMission 360 is the first Nikon camera capable of Full 360° video in 4K UHD, providing users a unique way to create engaging content like never before. Also introduced was the new Nikon KeyMission 170, an adventure-ready camera capable of amazing stills and 4K UHD video at a wide-angle point of view, as well as Nikon’s KeyMission 80, a compact and lightweight camera for capturing the spontaneous moments of everyday life.
Nikon’s KeyMission line is based on the belief that life is about discovering new people, new places, new knowledge and new purpose—that individuals are on a journey to find the personal missions that bring out the best versions of themselves. The world is a better place when we experience and share our adventures, our stories and our loves; the KeyMission line provides a new way of seeing and sharing these missions with the world.
“The KeyMission series introduces amazing new tools for everyday storytellers eager to find and pursue their personal missions while sharing their loves with the world,” said Amanda Mohammed, Communications and Nikon Professional Services Manager at Nikon Canada. “History is full of stories told from behind the camera—the KeyMission 360, KeyMission 170 and KeyMission 80 will challenge tradition and invite users to embark on a journey to share their missions from entirely new, immersive perspectives.”
Nikon KeyMission 360 – Fulfill Your Mission in Full, Immersive 360° Video
Challenging the traditional boundaries of content capture, the Nikon KeyMission 360 gives storytellers the ability to explore, experience and share their missions like never before. The world becomes one’s canvas with Full 360° video ready to chronicle the moments that matter. Whether capturing a first skydiving experience, preserving an epic underwater adventure or immortalizing a child’s first birthday party, the KeyMission 360 allows users to see the world differently and easily share what they love.
- Capture amazingly sharp, true 360° video in 4K UHD at 24p [3840 x 2160]1 or Full HD (1080p) that puts the viewer at the centre of your journey
- Two f/2.0 lenses and two 20-megapixel CMOS sensors combine to create stunning videos and photos without blind spots
- Automatic in-camera stitching cuts down on the previously daunting editing process while eliminating the need for multiple cameras or specialized, expensive rigs, making it easy to share on supported 360° content platforms
- Customize videos with shooting modes like Superlapse, Time-Lapse or Loop Movies that help provide unique perspectives of any story or capture 360°, 30-megapixel still images
- An in-camera stereo microphone helps provide crisp and clear accompanying audio, while Electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) is available after capture to help steady playback
- Extremely compact and waterproof (98 ft.), shockproof (6.6 ft.) and freezeproof (14° F) rugged design, no housing required, helps ensure users are ready to fulfill their missions, wherever the journey takes them.
- Share completely stitched, immersive content in full 360° from either a compatible smart device or desktop computer:
o The new Nikon SnapBridge 360/170 app3 for iOS and Android devices4 allows users to access camera settings, simple editing functions or live view and share content directly
o For more advanced editing functions, the KeyMission 360/170 Utility program for PC and Mac users opens up a new world of editing options for more discerning visual storytellers
o Included with the camera are a variety of accessories and mounting solutions that will help visualize a variety of activities, including a Base Mount Adapter, two Base Mounts, Silicone Jacket for added grip and protection, two lens protectors and a cardboard-style head mounted display that, alongside a compatible smartphone, allows for fully immersive playback
o The KeyMission 360 uses a standard 1/4 inch tripod socket with which a variety of different mounts and accessories can be used with the included base adapter. It is also compatible with an optional remote control
KeyMission 170 – Experience Life’s Missions From a True POV Experience
In a visual world where we learn through both our personal experiences and the shared experiences of others, the KeyMission 170 lets users tell stories from an individual’s point of view. It’s easier than ever to relive life’s adventures in fantastic quality and transport the viewer right into the action to enjoy the moment as if they were there. Tethered to a surfboard or mounted to a backpack on the family hike, the KeyMission170 helps bring any incredible journey to life.
- A super-wide 170° angle-of-view, f/2.8 lens and 8.3-megapixel CMOS sensor combine to capture brilliant 4K UHD or 1080p Full HD video
- Creative tools help users create unique and engaging content for sharing, including Highlight Tagging which helps create a highlight reel montage of the user’s favourite content, slow motion movies, Time-Lapse and Loop Recording
- Capture high-quality still images during video recording, while in-camera Electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) (1080p HD) helps minimize camera shake
- The compact and rugged KeyMission 170 is waterproof (33 ft.), shockproof (6.6 ft.) and freezeproof (14° F), without a housing, always ready for your next adventure
- The camera sports a rear LCD that helps frame shots in live view, play back video and change settings with ease
- The Nikon SnapBridge 360/170 application offers simple editing, framing and sharing, while the KeyMission 360/170 Utility program for PC or Mac offers more advanced editing capabilities
- The camera features a standard 1/4 in. tripod mount which along with the supplied base mount adapter, connects to all other KeyMission accessories
- The KeyMission 170 also comes with a remote control accessory, useful for stopping and starting recording or creating tags while capturing exciting new content
- Optional Waterproof Housing available to extend underwater performance to 131 ft
KeyMission 80 – Live Your Mission and Let the Camera Do the Rest
Life is full of spontaneous moments, and the wearable KeyMission 80 is always ready to capture life’s everyday adventures, making sure you enjoy the moment while the camera takes care of saving the memory. Whether conquering your next hike, exploring the streets of Rome or simply playing catch in the backyard, the KeyMission 80 is there to easily and effectively capture your mission.
- Using the camera’s Time-Lapse recording and interval timer functions will allow users to chronicle life’s journeys with hassle-free high-quality stills or Full HD 1080/30p video
- Beautiful stills and video are made possible utilizing a 12-megapixel CMOS sensor and 25mm (80° angle-of-view) f/2.0 lens
- A secondary front-facing 5-megapixel camera with a 22mm (90° angle-of-view), f/2.2 lens helps users seamlessly snap selfies on the go
- Small, rugged and lightweight, the KeyMission 80 is ready to capture fleeting shots at a moment’s notice. Easy to use with one hand, it turns on immediately after being unclipped from its camera holder ensuring users don’t miss out on their next precious memory
- Waterproof (3.2 ft.), shockproof (6 ft.) and freezeproof (14° F), the KeyMission 80 will go with you almost anywhere
- The versatile 1.75-inch touch LCD display lets users easily change settings, frame shots or play back captured content
- Use Nikon’s SnapBridge app for seamlessly sharing via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
KeyMission Mounts and Accessories
Introduced alongside Nikon’s KeyMission line of action cameras are numerous optional mounts and accessories that will help users creatively capture unique content from a variety of perspectives.
Available Accessories Include:
- Compatible with all KeyMission cameras – KeyMission Tripod7, KeyMission Extension Arm7, KeyMission System Case (soft case for accessories and cameras), KeyMission Hard Case (hard case for accessories and cameras)
- Compatible with KeyMission 360 and KeyMission 170 – Remote Control Accessory (supplied with KeyMission 170), Helmet Strap, Wrist Mount, Handlebar Mount, Chest Mount, Surfboard Mount, Backpack Mount, Suction Cup Mount, Handy Grip
- Compatible with KeyMission 170 – Waterproof Case (extends underwater performance to 131 ft.)
- Compatible with KeyMission 80 – Tripod Adapter
Price and Availability
- The KeyMission 360 will be available at select Authorized Nikon Canada Dealers in October 2016 for a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $649.95.
- The KeyMission 170 will be available in October 2016 for an MSRP of $499.95.
- The KeyMission 80 will be available in October 2016 for an MSRP of $349.95.
- Accompanying mounts and accessories, the Nikon SnapBridge 360/170 application and KeyMission 360/170 Utility program for PC will also be available in Fall 2016. For more information on these new Nikon products and pricing for optional accessories, please visit www.nikon.ca.