There are about two more months left for you enter The World We Live In photo contest! We know that there are some of you out there who have wanted to submit your photos to TWWLI in past years but didn’t because you just didn’t get around to it or because you chickened out. And, yes, life is busy and, yes, doing new things can feel intimidating, but making the effort is worth it because it’s a great learning experience for anyone who wants to get better at photography.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should enter The World We Live In.
10. The themes can help motivate you and give you new ideas for photos.
9. Your images deserve to get out of your hard drive and see the light of day.
8. You can see how your work stands up to other people’s images.
7. You’ve been meaning to cull, analyze and edit your photos anyways.
6. Receiving recognition for your photos can re-energize and inspire you.
5. The World We Live In is a contest judged by industry pros. This year’s invited judge is Evgeny Tchebotarev, professional photographer and cofounder of 500px.
4. You could win great photo equpiment.
3. Photographers keep their copyright. (Please make sure you read the fine print when you enter any photo contest. Many organizations use contests as a way to gain rights to images, so it’s very important to watch out for this!)
2. Being published in a national photography magazine could lead to exciting new opportunities.
1. The grand-prize winner receives an expedition cruise to the heart of the Arctic with Adventure Canada—a photo opportunity of a lifetime!
Mimi Lo, one of last year’s The World We Live In IV winners, wrote us this spring saying, “Today I received a large box in the mail containing the product items I won as the 1st-prize winner of the theme Humanity in the 4th edition of The World We Live In photo contest. They are wonderful! This is very much appreciated, and it has given me so much encouragement in my pursuit in photography. I would like to express my sincere thanks to Photo Life magazine for giving me the opportunity to participate in this photo contest.”
Mathieu Rivard, one of The World We Live In III winners, told us, “Just wanted to let you know that I got all my prizes and that I am very happy. All that’s left now is to play with my new toys! The bags are great, the tripod head is of excellent quality, the small Sony camera is a true gem, the Pocketwizards will replace my old Quantums and be a thousand times better! I will use my Blurb credits to make a photobook for my daughter who is going into high school next year. I could go on, but to put it briefly, it’s been like Christmas for me for the last two weeks! Thank you and your team for putting on this contest and for continuing to offer us a beautiful Canadian photo magazine (in both French and English). It’s very appreciated.”
So why not take the chance and enter this year? We can’t wait to see your images! For more details and to participate visit photolife.com/twwli.